Translate

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

DOES PASSION HAVE TO THAW??


Does Passion Have to Thaw?

Dr. Gilda’s “30-Second Therapist” --Today Show/Health

When I first starting researching Helen Fisher’s work, her findings told us passion lasts from 18 months to 3 years. But recently, I interviewed her for an article I was writing, and she said her latest findings prove that passion can last forever—with the right partner, that is!  So why do so many people experience thaws?

After a period of time, couples take each other for granted and become sloppy.  In this first question, from a woman whose marriage is circling the drain, I offer one solution as a start.  Have you tried it?


Last week’s “30-Second Therapist” dealt with someone who fell in love with love.  Too many people want love so badly, they settled.  I raised some pressing questions about this person’s future.


******
The other night, I attended a fascinating lecture from a Ph.D. scientist about flame retardant materials in our furniture and consumer products, and their toxic damage to our bodies.  I now want to discard my sofas!!!  I have literature from her that I can send you, if you request it.  Caution: You won’t like what you read!

For this upcoming week, let’s think about sunny days!
Love,
Dr. Gilda

No comments: