Translate

Monday, February 13, 2012

Falling Waters River Resort

On Sunday, I left Palm Springs for LA, only to sit in a traffic jam for the next 4 hours.  What a drive!  The excuse:  ROAD WORK!!  But I made tons of phone calls to friends around the country, and I totally caught up.




Once FINALLY in LA, I was greeted by Allen Fawcett, former teen idol when he hosted "Puttin' on the Hits."  He has since acted on Broadway as Joseph, in Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, and on numerous TV shows and soaps, including CSI and General Hospital.  I am lucky to have him as a business partner on one of my projects.  Together we drove up to Kernville, CA, which took another 4 hours from LA.  I am staying at Chuck Richards' Falling Waters River Resort in the most charming cabin that Chuck himself built, with a warm and delicious fireplace.  The scenery here is spectacular, reminding me of Aspen, CO.  The mountains are capped with snow, but the temperatures beneath them, where we are, are still BRRRR cold.  It's a far cry from the gorgeous temps in the 80's I just left in Palm Springs.  




Allen and I spent the afternoon at Charlie Busch's Kern River Radio station, where we chatted with Charlie and then recorded one of my Country Music features.  Charlie will be playing my features on his station.  We spent about 3 hours there.  Tomorrow we will return to the radio station for Charlie to interview me.  Allen and I also have some additional fun plans.




This was such a wonderful day, I hardly paid attention to the cold and the rain!  Allen took me to dinner at a Brewery.  The locals are warm, friendly, and very un-Hollywood.  But soon, I'll return to the H-wood scene for a few days before heading home.  This continues to be a very productive and exciting trip.  I am thankful and grateful to be enjoying such splendor.

No comments: