Translate

Sunday, September 11, 2011

On This 10th Anniversary of 9/11


                        On This 10th Anniversary of Our Tragedy


"Telling Nicholas" was an HBO Documentary in which I guided a family to tell their 7-year-old that his mom had been killed in the World Trade Center bombing. Ten years ago, when 9/11 occurred, I prayed that I would be used in a huge way so people would benefit from the healing work I do. A day later, I was called by a producer to film the HBO documentary, "Telling Nicholas"--which went on to win an Emmy. The memories of that time are still so vivid for me, I cannot watch the film any more. 




This week, Newsweek Magazine published Nicholas’ Blog 10 years later, as a young man of 17: http://t.co/jpDDueI 


Nick is a wonderful writer.  I didn’t know about this Newsweek piece until a friend spotted it and told me that he referred to Dr. Gilda in this writing.


Nicholas has reached out to me and we’ve spoken over the years. I am so proud of him, as he recounts the journey that has brought him to the insightful and sensitive person he is today. 
I’m sure you will find reading it as captivating as I did—especially on this 10th Year Anniversary of that tragic day.  May God be with us all!
Love to you!


No comments: