Translate

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Testosterone Night!

Last night, I was a guest at the 2011 Irish Boxing Spectacular at the New York Athletic Club. There was more testosterone in my midst than I had ever, ever, ever experienced. And tons of tough guys in law enforcement, security, the military, and other areas that protect us. I had never been to a boxing match before. One of the fighters ended up with broken ribs and was wheeled out to a waiting ambulance. When he fell to the ground, men stood and cheered. A guy in front of me said, "I grew up with boxing. I love this!"

For me, it was like watching the Roman gladiators. Being a pacifist, the excitement of any kind of fighting escapes me. I'm a lover, not a fighter. But I enjoyed meeting many, many new people and studying the sociology of this event. I am forever grateful for new adventures, and I want to thank Mike McCann, President of McCann Protective Services, who was our very gracious host. He invited one of my closest friends, Nancy Tamosaitis, President of Vorticom, Inc., who is THE BEST PR person there is--and I've worked with hundreds--and she, in turn, invited me. I enjoyed meeting and laughing with Mike, whose generous hospitality could not have been more giving. What I loved the best was seeing that there was a l-o-n-g line for the men's room, but NO line for the ladies room!!! Who ever saw that before on this planet??

Here's a shout-out to all the men who were my dates for the evening . . . YAY!





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This info is invaluable. Where can I find out more?
Feel free to visit my weblog :: http://andenipartners.com/node/32150

Anonymous said...

I will immediately take hold of your rss as I can't find your email subscription link or e-newsletter service. Do you have any? Please allow me understand in order that I may just subscribe. Thanks.

My blog post: Mitoslim examen

Anonymous said...

Very good blog you have here but I was curious if you knew of any user discussion forums that cover the same topics talked about here?
I'd really like to be a part of online community where I can get suggestions from other experienced individuals that share the same interest. If you have any suggestions, please let me know. Many thanks!

My web page - Auravie Review

Anonymous said...

Heya i'm for the first time here. I came across this board and I find It really helpful & it helped me out a lot. I hope to offer one thing again and help others like you aided me.

Feel free to visit my page; Best Bodybuilding Supplements
Also see my webpage - no2maximusreview.net

Anonymous said...

Howdy! I know this is kinda off topic nevertheless I'd figured I'd ask.
Would you be interested in trading links or maybe guest authoring a
blog article or vice-versa? My site goes over a lot
of the same subjects as yours and I feel we could greatly
benefit from each other. If you are interested feel free to send me an
e-mail. I look forward to hearing from you! Great blog by the way!



Review my webpage :: com.br