Translate

Monday, March 7, 2011

His Mistress Left Him after He Left His Wife

Hi, Everyone,

After an intense photo shoot, I will soon have updated pics posted on www.DrGilda.com/ Please watch for them and tell me what you think. My life has been exciting and hectic, developing several TV shows, doing lots of radio interviews, flitting between two coasts, teaching great students this semester, and socializing and partying a lot. I continue to follow my mantra of “gratitude over attitude.” Each day I awake to a new journey, praying that my next mistakes be new mistakes after moving on from the old.


Thank you for all your comments on my columns, and for seeking my Instant Advice. I love hearing from and working with you guys!


The column you are about to read is a doozie! It’s the reason it never pays to be part of a love triangle.

Love, of course,

Dr. Gilda


His Mistress Left Him after He Left His Wife!


By


Dr. Gilda Carle (Ph.D.)


Courtesy of Match.com’s Happen Magazine 



Match.com promoted this week’s column with this blurb: “One man finally left his wife for his mistress only to have her turn around and leave him afterwards. Should he wait for her to have a change of heart — or move forward? Dr. Gilda has some harsh words...” Cheaters, take heed!


Dear Dr. Gilda,


I recently got a divorce from my wife of 15 years to be with my girlfriend of 11 years (yes, you read that right). I had no problem with the divorce and gave up a lot just to get it over with as quickly as I could while still preserving my relationship with my kids. When the dust settled, I was finally able to be with the woman I had loved all along, only to be told that the 60 days of turmoil we went through during the divorce process was too much for her. In the meantime, I found out she had already started dating another guy who she now admits she may be in love with. She says she still loves me, just not as much as she used to, and still may want to be with me ultimately, but needs time to sort out her feelings. I feel like I gave up almost everything to be with her, and now I am losing her anyway. Do I back off or issue an ultimatum or what?

– Ticked-Off Tom


See my “harsh” response at: http://www.match.com/magazine/article0.aspx?articleid=12363


I can’t wait for your comments!

Love,

Dr. Gilda


XXX


DR. GILDA CARLE (Ph.D.) is an internationally known psychotherapist, relationship educator, and management consultant. She is Match.com’s “ASK DR. GILDA” advice columnist. She is also known as the Country Music Doctor, with her “Country Cures.” She is a motivational speaker, professor of psychology & communications, the author of the well-known “Don’t Bet on the Prince!,” a test question on “Jeopardy,” AND NOW IN ITS SECOND EDITION, 99 Prescriptions for Fidelity, How to Win When Your Mate Cheats, and many more. She was the therapist in HBO's Emmy Award winner, "Telling Nicholas," featured on Oprah, where she guided a family to tell their 7-year-old that his mom died in the World Trade Center bombing. DR. GILDA is the Love Doc advisor for the off-Broadway show, “Miss Abigail’s Guide to Dating, Mating, & Marriage!” She is currently developing her own TV show. Visit www.DrGilda.com and get her Instant Advice!

No comments: