Translate

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Great Gallery Opening

I went to a GREAT gallery opening last night at DLC on W. 26th St. in NY: http://tinyurl.com/ybk27vs I spoke to an amazing Australian artist who paints dark, intriguing work. He was funny and quirky. And his handsome friend, also from Australia, filled me in on the artist’s life. Then he asked to take a photo of my legs with the slit up the back of my pants. Since he’s an artist, too, perhaps I’ll see my legs duplicated in some gallery in Europe one day!

The opening also featured a 21st C bronze sculptor of female nudes, whose work I love!! Unfortunately, that artist was not there, but I had met him at another opening last year where I saw much more of his sculptures.

The crowd was eclectic, interesting, and some were bedecked in Halloween garb. A man began to talk to me, but he didn’t know the laws of social distance. He stood only 2 inches from my mouth. Knowing the laws of social distance is a must for anyone who goes out of the house. The rule is to stand about 15 inches from the person you’re speaking with. Anything closer gives the impression of intimacy. In the case of this dude talking to me, there was NO intimacy present there and there was not going to be any intimacy in the future. Perhaps he thought otherwise, and that’s why he stood so close. But my end of the conversation showed my body language as no. No. NO! Dude didn’t read me, so I moved on, mixed with others, and soon left. I felt like I needed a shower!

It was a gorgeous, warm October evening. I am so grateful to enrich myself whenever I can. Every experience I have and every person I meet expands me...

No comments: